Gili Travel Recommendation
27 th March 2020 | Posted by Your Mr Friday
Updated on 5th June 2020
Considering the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak public health emergency of international concern declared by World Health Organisation (WHO), the government of Maldives has issued the following travel ban with immediate effect till further notice:
- Visa-on-arrival for all visitors have been suspended temporarily with effect from 27th March 2020
- All passengers and crew arriving to the Maldives shall complete the Health Declaration Card as stated in the Air Transport Circular AT 02/2020 dated 2nd February 2020
- All passengers and crew with the travel history to the following countries or regions within the last 14 days will not be allowed to enter or to transit through the Maldives:
- Mainland China
- South Korean regions of North Gyeongsang Province and South Gyeongsang Province
- Île-de-France and Grand Est, of France
- Bavaria, North Rhine Westphalia and Baden-Wuerttemberg regions of Germany
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Sri Lanka
- Notice on the suspension of movement of people from resorts to other inhabited islands (including other resorts) has been issued with effective from 18:00hrs on 14th March 2020 till further notice
Please take into consideration this information to revise your travel plans in order to avoid any travel inconvenience or delays.
For the continuous safety of our hosts in view of the current situation, the resort will be extending the temporary suspension of operations until 31st August 2020.
For Existing Bookings:
For guests with existing reservations during this period, we would like offer flexibility for your stay with us as follows:
- For guests with reservations until 31st August 2020, we offer to postpone travel dates to the near future until 17th December 2021. Please note that changes to an existing reservation will be on same offer, however subject to availability and any rate differences.
- Request to maintain any advance deposit with the resort for future stay dates will be decided at a later date
For Change in Bookings:
- Gili Lankanfushi will offer free cancellation up to 7 days before arrival for new bookings travelling until 20th December 2020.
- Gili Lankanfushi will offer free cancellation up to 14 days before arrival for re-bookings travelling until 17th December 2021
This policy is valid with immediate effect .
As much as we love for you to take a vacation with us to experience the Gili Magic, we encourage all to stay home now, be safe and travel later. Take time to make a travel plan with an inspiration board of activities you would like take part in order to create that extraordinary Gili Story of yours.
The Gili Family will be here waiting for your arrival. See you soon!