Gili Travel Recommendation
27 th March 2020 | Posted by Your Mr Friday
Updated on 23rd December 2020
As we reopen our doors to welcome you once again to experience the Gili Magic, we would like to bring your attention to the following travel recommendations, in accordance to guidelines from Ministry of Tourism (MOT) and Health Protection Agency (HPA), to ensure a smooth journey for your arrival and departure.
Arriving at Velana International Airport
- From 10th September 2020 onwards, all tourists entering for short term stay will be required to present a negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test result for Covid-19.
- All tourists arriving into Maldives must have a health document that confirms the tourist has a PCR test for Covid-19 with negative result. The required PCR test has to be conducted within a maximum of 96 hours prior to departure to Maldives.
- PCR tests for infants aged less than one year are exempted.
- Testing services are available for tourists who require Covid-19 test result to travel to their next destination. Terms and conditions apply.
- All the travellers must submit online health declaration form within 24 hours prior your departure to and from Maldives.
Arriving at the resort
With effect from 27th December 2020, an additional measure will be implemented by the resort management team to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our guests and hosts during this time. All guests arriving from another tourist facility within the Maldives, will be required to take a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test 48 hours prior to arriving at our resort. The negative test results should be sent to our reservations team for verification before any inter-resort movement of guests will be permitted.
Upon arrival at the resort, there will be a health screening and temperature check for all guests. For any assistance during your stay, please feel free to contact your Mr/Ms Friday or our 24-hour in-house clinic. For more information, click here to read more on the safety and hygiene measures taken at the resort.
Scuba Diving in Maldives
As a safety measure for this physical sport, a self-declaration medical questionnaire is required before participating in any scuba diving activity. Click here to download questionnaire.
Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test Arrangements
For guests who require Covid-19 test result for travel, click here for full details.
The Gili Family looks forward to your arrival soon. Keep well and travel safe.