Discover Gili Lankanfushi’s Natural Playground with Friends
Embark on an unforgettable holiday with friends at Gili Lankanfushi, Maldives
While the Maldives is famed as one of the world’s most romantic destinations, it is also perfect for groups of friends looking for a fun-filled luxury escape. Set on a pristine private island in the North Malé Atoll, Gili Lankanfushi is welcoming groups for a well-deserved holiday of relaxation, laughter and unforgettable moment.
With year end holidays soon approaching, there’s no better time to gather your nearest and dearest friends for the holidays in a sanctuary hidden from the world. A unique eco-resort just a 20-minute boat ride from Malé (no need for seaplanes!), Gili Lankanfushi is home to 45 overwater villas including The Private Reserve, the largest standalone overwater villa in the world, as well as 3 restaurants and bars, Meera Spa, and plenty of group-friendly activities.
Here are five reasons Gili Lankanfushi is the perfect destination for your next group trip – whether it’s some quality girl time, a guy’s weekend away, or just a much-needed break with close friends.
- The ultimate base for your entire group, The Private Reserve spans more than 1,700 sqm and is situated 500 metres from the main resort with five buildings connected by open-air pathways. Here, friends can enjoy the private spa, open-air cinema, a 21m infinity pool and the best bit – a waterslide directly into the turquoise lagoon below!
- For smaller groups, there are 10 other villa categories to choose from, each located in a different area of the island. From the Villa Suites, 6 of which have private pools, and Gili Lagoon Villas with sprawling terraces and a private hammock in the sea, to the Family Villas with plenty of space for your full crew. No matter where you choose to call home during your stay, each and every villa is taken care of by a Man or Woman Friday – named after Robinson Crusoe’s loyal assistance.
- For both the foodies in the group as well as those looking to experience the best that Gili Lankanfushi has to offer. From a chef’s table experience in the organic garden and dining for the senses – a blindfolded 4-course dinner experience to heighten your senses and challenge your palate, to popular theme nights such as Asian Street Market, Mediterranean Spice Souk and Passage through Indian Tandoor, as well as Gili Culinary Journey as the culinary team takes you on a food journey on a rotating menu of signature dishes through 9 cities.
- Spend your days exploring the natural playground of Gili Lankanfushi, from discovering an underwater world snorkelling off your villa to catching some waves during a surf trip or sunset dolphin cruise. If relaxation is more your thing, Meera Spa with its six overwater treatment rooms will have you feeling zen in no time while the beachside infinity pool is the ideal spot for a sunset cocktail or two.
- Beautiful, curated experiences aren’t just for couples. Treat yourself as group with a private sandbank picnic, sunset canapes on the castaway platform or a starlit outdoor seafood dinner at the Overwater Bar. Even if you’re not a morning person, sunset sailing on the Traditional Sailing Dhoni (a Maldivian boat) is not to be missed.
For more information, please visit www.gililankanfushi.com
About Gili Lankanfushi
Located in the North Male Atoll, Gili Lankanfushi opened in 2000 as the original over water resort Soneva Gili. In 2012 the island was acquired by HPL (Hotel Properties Limited) a Singapore based company investing in hotels, lifestyle and properties around the world. Voted number one hotel in the world by Trip Advisor in 2015, Gili Lankanfushi is an easy 20 minute speedboat transfer from Male international airport. Set in the middle of its own lagoon, guests enjoy a barefoot existence with 360 degree views of the Indian Ocean. Gili Lankanfushi’s 45 overwater villas, including the vast and secluded Private Reserve offer unrivalled privacy. The wellbeing of the planet is at the heart of the Gili Lankanfushi, with each stay contributing towards preserving the natural environment, protecting the fragile marine ecosystem and treading lightly.
For press information, please contact:
Marketing Communications Manager
Email: [email protected]